Helping you reach your goals
First Federal Savings and Loan offers term loans and lines of credit for stabilized income properties. We generally lend on multifamily properties with five or more units, selected mixed use and most commercial property types.
All of our loans are underwritten and approved at our Home Office in San Rafael. We currently retain all of our loans in our local loan portfolio throughout the terms. The advantage to you is that when you borrow from us, your mortgage servicing remains local for your convenience.
We offer adjustable and fixed rate mortgages, as well as loans with shorter term fixed rate periods, converting to semi-annual adjustable. Best of all, our loan application process is quick and easy. So don't hesitate, contact us to discuss you particular financing needs today!
Advantages of borrowing from First Federal include:
- All of our loans are underwritten by local professionals who have extensive knowledge of the local real estate market.
- Our loan pricing is always competitive and we will not require any fees until your loan is approved.
- We can typically provide an estimate of the loan amount and terms we can offer upon receipt of some basic property operating information.
- Because all of our processing is handled in-house, we can usually close loans much quicker than other lenders, and you will work with the same individuals for all facets of your loan closing from beginning to end.
- If you have a question after your loan funds, you will call a loan department employee located in San Rafael, who is thoroughly knowledgeable about all of the loans in our portfolio. We will not transfer you from department to department for servicing.
Adjustable Rate Mortgage
If initial lower rates are driving your loan decision, then our adjustable rate mortgage may be your best choice. We offer loans that have a semi-annual rate change where your payments may change twice a year or loans which start at a fixed interest rate then become adjustable.
Fixed Rate Mortgage
If you plan on keeping the property for a long time, or don't think your income will change much, then a fixed rate mortgage may be the choice for you. With this mortgage, the interest rate will not change and you will always know exactly how much your payment is each month. Either program will be tailored to your needs at competitive terms.
Equity Lines of Credit on Commercial Real Estate
If you need more spending power, take out a line of credit against the equity in your real property. You can access your line of credit through our online banking service, by telephone, or in person.
For any loan questions, or to discuss a particular loan need, contact
Anthony Moreno, NMLS ID#1063297, at (415) 456-6231.
Visit or Mail Us
Walk your payment in or mail your payment to one of our five neighborhood branches. Click here for branch locations and addresses.
Request an automatic debit each month from your First Federal savings or checking account.
Use our online banking service to make one-time or recurring payments, transfer money from your Equity Line of Credit account to your checking or savings account, and review your loan account status, such as balance and payment information.
How can we help?
Our Loan Department is available to assist you with any questions. They would be happy to meet with you at our Home Office or you can call 415-456-6233 for more information.
At First Federal, you experience the advantage of banking at your community savings and loan - for the personal attention and friendly service you deserve. Because we are a community institution and our management is local, we're able to provide quick approvals and flexible terms.